Elder and Spousal Abuse
Most states now have laws requiring reporting of elder and/or spousal abuse. Just like with child abuse, medical care professionals should make the reports and leave the investigation to the proper agency. Remember that the victim does not have to “press charges” for these crimes to be reportable. It is the state that brings criminal charges, even if the victim is an adult.