(1) Administer and cause the work of the division to be performed in such a manner and pursuant to such a program as may be appropriate.
(2) Organize the division into such sections as may be appropriate.
(3) Assign administrative law judges as appropriate to perform duties vested in or required by the division.
(4) Develop and maintain a program for the continual training and education of administrative law judges and agencies in regard to their responsibilities under this Chapter and the Administrative Procedure Act.
(5) Secure, compile, and maintain all records of adjudications held pursuant to this Chapter or the Administrative Procedure Act, and such reference materials and supporting information as may be appropriate.
(6) Develop uniform standards, rules of evidence, and procedures, including but not limited to standards for determining whether or not a summary or ordinary hearing should be held, to regulate the conduct of adjudications.
(7) Promulgate and enforce rules for the prompt implementation and coordinated administration of this Chapter as may be appropriate.
(8) Administer and supervise the conduct of adjudications.
(9) Assist agencies in the preparation, consideration, publication, and interpretation of rules as appropriate pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act.
(10) Access information concerning the several agencies to assure that they properly promulgate rules required by law.
(11) Employ the services of the several agencies and their employees in such manner and to such extent as may be agreed upon by the director and the chief executive officer of such agency.
The Law, Science & Public
Health Law Site
The Best on the WWW Since 1995!
Copyright as to non-public domain materials
See DR-KATE.COM for home hurricane and disaster preparation
See WWW.EPR-ART.COM for photography of southern Louisiana and Hurricane Katrina
Professor Edward P. Richards, III, JD, MPH - Webmaster