(1) The director shall be a resident of Louisiana.
(2) The director shall be licensed to practice law in Louisiana.
(3) The director shall have been engaged in the actual practice of law for at least five years prior to his appointment.
(1) The director shall serve a six-year term and may be reappointed and confirmed for subsequent six-year terms without limitation.
(2) If a vacancy occurs during the director's term, the governor shall appoint a successor to fill the remainder of the vacant term.
(3) The first director shall be appointed on July 1, 1996, and shall take such action in compliance with this Chapter as necessary to ensure that the provisions of this Chapter are implemented by October 1, 1996.
The Climate Change and Public Health Law Site
The Best on the WWW Since 1995!
Copyright as to non-public domain materials
See DR-KATE.COM for home hurricane and disaster preparation
See WWW.EPR-ART.COM for photography of southern Louisiana and Hurricane Katrina
Professor Edward P. Richards, III, JD, MPH - Webmaster
Provide Website Feedback - https://www.lsu.edu/feedback
Accessibility Statement - https://www.lsu.edu/accessibility