Louisiana Administrative Procedure Act
§998. Prehearing conference
A. The administrative law judge may conduct a prehearing conference
pursuant to a motion of any party or on his own motion.
B. The administrative law judge shall set the time and place for the
C. The administrative law judge shall give reasonable notice of the
prehearing conference to all parties.
D. The prehearing conference may be conducted for the purpose of dealing
with one or more of the following matters:
(1) Exploration of settlement possibilities.
(2) Preparation of stipulations.
(3) Clarification of issues.
(4) Rulings on the identities and limitation on the number of
(5) Objections to proffers of evidence.
(6) Order of presentation of evidence and cross-examination.
(7) Rulings regarding issuance of subpoenas and protective
(8) Schedules for the submission of written briefs.
(9) Schedules for the conduct of a hearing.
(10) Any other matter to promote the orderly and prompt conduct of the
E. The administrative law judge shall issue a prehearing order, which he
may direct one or more of the parties to prepare, incorporating the matters
determined at the prehearing conference.
F. An administrative law judge assigned to render a decision or to make
findings of fact and conclusions of law in a case of adjudication noticed and
docketed for hearing shall not communicate, directly or indirectly, in
connection with any issue of fact or law, with any party or his representative,
or with any officer, employee, or agent engaged in the performance of
investigative, prosecuting, or advocating functions, except upon notice and
opportunity for all parties to participate.
Acts 1995, No. 739,§ 2, eff. Oct. 1, 1996.
NOTE: SEE ACTS 1995, NO. 947,§ 8 AND NO. 739,§ §3,
The Climate Change and Public Health Law Site
The Best on the WWW Since 1995!
Copyright as to non-public domain materials
See DR-KATE.COM for home hurricane and disaster preparation
See WWW.EPR-ART.COM for photography of southern Louisiana and Hurricane Katrina
Professor Edward P. Richards, III, JD, MPH - Webmaster
Provide Website Feedback - https://www.lsu.edu/feedback
Accessibility Statement - https://www.lsu.edu/accessibility