IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
No. C 98-00088 CRB
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF
OAKLAND CANNIBAS [sic] BUYERS' COOPERATIVE
AND JEFFREY JONES, DEFENDANTS
[Filed: May 19, 1998]
PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION ORDER
For the reasons stated in its Memorandum and Order dated May 13, 1998, it is hereby ORDERED as follows:
1. Defendants Oakland Cannibas [sic] Buyers' Cooperative and Jeffrey Jones are hereby preliminarily enjoined, pending further order of the Court, from engaging in the manufacture or distribution of marijuana, or the possession of marijuana with the intent to manufacture and distribute marijuana, in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 841(a)(1); and
2. Defendants Oakland Cannibas [sic] Buyers' Cooperation and Jeffrey Jones are hereby preliminarily enjoined from using the premises at 1755 Broadway, Oakland, California for the purposes of engaging in the manufacture and distribution of marijuana; and
3. Defendant Jeffrey Jones is hereby preliminarily enjoined from conspiring to violate the Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. § 841(a)(1) with respect to the manufacture or distribution of marijuana, or the possession of marijuana with the intent to manufacture and distribute marijuana.
4. It shall not be a violation of this injunction for defendants to seek and obtain legal advice from their attorneys.
5. Pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 65(d), this injunction shall bind the defendants, their officers, agents, servants, employees, successors, and attorneys, and those persons in active concert or participation with them who receive notice of the order by personal service or otherwise.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Dated: May 19, 1998
/s/ CHARLES R. BREYER
CHARLES R. BREYER
United States District Judge
The Climate Change and Public Health Law Site
The Best on the WWW Since 1995!
Copyright as to non-public domain materials
See DR-KATE.COM for home hurricane and disaster preparation
See WWW.EPR-ART.COM for photography of southern Louisiana and Hurricane Katrina
Professor Edward P. Richards, III, JD, MPH - Webmaster
Provide Website Feedback - https://www.lsu.edu/feedback
Privacy Statement - https://www.lsu.edu/privacy
Accessibility Statement - https://www.lsu.edu/accessibility