Medical and Public Health Law Site
TITLE: DoD Directive 1440.1, "The DoD Civilian Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) Program", 05/21/1987
SUMMARY: This Directive:
- Implements references (a) through (s) by establishing the Civilian Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) Program, to include affirmative action programs, consistent with
guidance from the the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Office of Personnel
Management (OPM), and the DoD Human Goals Charter (reference (a)).
- Consolidates in a single document provisions of references (t) through (x) and,
therefore, cancels these references.
- Authorizes, as an integral part of the Civilian EEO Program, the establishment of
Special Emphasis Programs (SEPs) entitled the Federal Women's Program (FWP), the Hispanic
Employment Program (HEP), and the Program for People with Disabilities (PPD), the
Asian/Pacific Islander Employment Program (AEP), the American Indian/Alaskan Native
Employment Program (AIEP), and the Black Employment Program (BEP).
- Establishes the Defense Equal Opportunity Council (DEOC), the Civilian EEO Review Board,
and SEP Boards.
- Authorizes the issuance of DoD Instructions and Manuals to implement this Directive and
guidance from standard-setting Agencies such as EEOC and OPM, consistent with DoD 5025.1-M
FILES: Select a Format
XML (53 KB)
HTML (60 KB) PDF (73 KB) RTF (102 KB)
Change 1, 04/11/1989
Change 2, 03/11/1991
Change 3, 04/17/1992
OPR: PDUSD(P&R), 703-697-2121