SUBCHAPTER D -- INFORMATION AND EDUCATION
SEC. 741. [319k] INFORMATION SYSTEM.
The Secretary shall establish and maintain an information system to track the
status and progress of each application or submission (including a petition,
notification, or other similar form of request) submitted to the Food and Drug
Administration requesting agency action.
SEC. 742. (379l] EDUCATION.
- (a) IN GENERAL.--The Secretary shall conduct training and education programs
for the employees of the Food and Drug Administration relating to the regulatory
responsibilities and policies established by this Act, including programs
- (1) scientific training;
- (2) training to improve the skill of officers and employees authorized
to conduct inspections under section 704;
- (3) training to achieve product specialization in such inspections;
and administrative process and procedure and
- (4) training in integrity issues.
- (b) INTRAMURAL FELLOWSHIPS AND OTHER TRAINING PROGRAMS. -- The Secretary,
acting through the Commissioner, may, through fellowships and other training
programs, conduct and support intramural research training for predoctoral
and postdoctoral scientists and physicians.
Return to Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act Table of Contents
The Law, Science & Public
Health Law Site
The Best on the WWW Since 1995!
Copyright as to non-public domain materials
See DR-KATE.COM for home hurricane and disaster preparation
See WWW.EPR-ART.COM for photography of southern Louisiana and Hurricane Katrina
Professor Edward P. Richards, III, JD, MPH - Webmaster